CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Where have we been?

Well, once again it has taken me awhile to blog.If you haven't already noticed I am a procrastinator.Things always seem to come up and I keep putting it off.Well, finally I got some time to blog.Things have been OK around here.We had a great month of February.We enjoyed a nice Valentines Day dinner out at the Spaghetti Factory as a family.We then came home and ate some Sheri's berries that David had given me.All and all it was a nice relaxing day with the family.My birthday was awesome and low key.I got to celebrate a few times once with my parents and sister(they watched the kids for me so my sister and I could have a girls day).David and the kids made me a cake, which was yummy, and then Donna and Dave took David and I out to the Melting Pot.It was awesome.The celebration was for Davids birthday,promotion, and my birthday.The food was awesome but the company was even better!




The beginning of March Samantha started T-Ball.She is on the Tigers which is bright orange, of all colors!She is really loving it, there are 2 other girls on the team and also her good friend Dylan.It has been great having all the grandparents making it to the games, she really enjoys seeing them,as well as Dominic,David and I.


Sam getting ready to bat!



Sam making her way to third base, and daddy is pointing the way!



Just being kids!

Well, another reason for my late blogging is my sister Joys health.I don't know if any of you know that my sister has kidney failure.She has been on dialysis know for 2 years and on March 9Th we almost lost her.She wasn't feeling too good and she was having trouble walking and was getting weaker by the minute.Finally, around 9pm that night my dad and I took her to the emergency room.We got in right away.When they hook her up to the monitors they could tell something was wrong.They did blood work ASAP and come to find out her potassium level was 8.6.Basically anything over level 8is deadly.They where giving her medicine so fast trying to stabilize her.Luckily they brought it down and put her in ICU and gave her emergency dialysis.Come to find out the ER doctor said that we were honestly within minutes of losing her.I guess potassium stops the heart and that is what they use in the death penalty for the lethal injection.To make a long story short she is doing better now.Its been a long road.It seems that the cause was a combination of things,being on a medicine she should have never been on,her shunt in her arm not working properly, and also the dialysis center not monitoring her properly.She just went in on surgery on Friday to reopen her shunt in her arm(they had to put in a port in between her chest and neck so she can receive dialysis while her arm heals).So please everyone keep her in your prayers.It was and is really difficult for me to witness her go through all of this.I am so glad she has been given a second chance, I have been so proud of her.Since the beginning of the year she has lost 40lbs!Her goal and all of ours is to get her as healthy as can be and get her on the donors list!We LOVE you Joy!

On a more uplifting note,since things have been getting better with Joy, I have been decorating a little around the house.I hosted a "Uppercase living"party on Friday.I went to a Lady's house who is in my MOMS club for her party and decide to have one of my one.I have never done anything like this before but its a lot of fun.Basically what it is,is stickers for the walls that look like stencils.Here is a picture of what I did with Davids help (he is such a perfectionist and awesome with measurements), I really loved how it turned out!http://www.uppercaseliving.com/




Oh wait a minute, I forgot Easter.Well, I agree with everyone it just came way too fast for me.With all the drama surrounding my sisters health, planning a big dinner was last on my mind.Our Easter though turned out nice.We decorate some eggs,the Easter bunny came and left eggs and candy,had a nice visit with grandma and grandpa"D", and then had a delicious meal with my parents and Joy at their house!The kids enjoyed having another Easter egg hunt at Grandma & Grandpa Rankin's.They got spoiled once again!





7 comments:

Scott said...

Jill- I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I don't know her very well, but from what I've heard, she seems like such a wonderful and giving person. I almost got teary eyed just reading about the trouble she's had to go through. I am so glad that she is doing OK now. I will definitely keep her in my prayers.

Sam looks so cute in her T-Ball outfit. I bet she's the best on the team!!!! I'm so glad that everything is going well for you. Keep up the blogs.....I love to read them!!

Donna said...

Joy is and has been in our prayers. She is doing a great job losing weight. Way to go Joy.
The pictures of the kids are adorable. So glad we got to see them at Easter and at Sam's T ball game. Your mom's backyard looks like a fun place for the kids to hunt Easter eggs.
Also, I don't think you are a procrastinator, I think you have been extremely busy! Your priorities are in the right place. Love ya.

Kerrie said...

We've been thinking about you guys, wondering how you are all doing. I guess I should call a little more often. I hope Joy is feeling better. I can't imagine how scary that must have been to almost lose her. I'm glad to hear she's doing better now though.

I love your wall! The saying is too cute and the pictures of the kids are darling. I can't wait to have a home of my own so that I can do something similar.

It sounds like you have been very busy! I love the pictures of the kids.

Jennifer said...

Jill- I've been thinking about you too. Thanks for sharing with us what your sister and family are going through. I will definitely keep her in my prayers. It sounds like it was a very scary, serious situation. Your sister is a sweetheart! Great job to her on losing weight-- I need some of that motivation.

Your wall looks great! I love all of the pictures. It looks like Dominic's hair has grown out again-- so handsome. I'm sure Sam's having fun at T-ball. Kaden was bored with t-ball at that age.. he just needed to constantly move! I think he's ready to try baseball again though.

Hollie said...

Wow Jill! What a crazy life you have had lately. I'm sorry about Joy. That had to be such a difficult thing to have gone through--for all of you.

Your kids are looking older. I'm sad that my kids haven't seen them for a while. I feel like we are missing out on everyone's life. Hopefully we can visit soon (or you can come this way?) Love you all!

Lyn said...

hi

Lyn said...

Hi jill, I love the pictures of the kids, their growing up sooo fast....