CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Soccer Time!!!!





Samantha has started soccer for the first time this year and it has been alot of fun.She has been playing for the past three weeks.So, I am now offically a "soccer mom", and I have loved every minute of it.She loves the game too.Well, she is still learning about the game. As of right now, all she knows is kick the ball to the goal that we tell her to kick it to.Even that sometimes can be difficult for her to grasp, but hey she just turned 4!I am really loving all the exercise she gets from running around, she is usually pretty tired at the end of the night.I am also enjoying meeting all the parents and getting to socialize.I guess when you are a stay at home mom you look at things differently.When David goes he goes to watch Sam.When I go its to watch Sam and have adult conversation.All and all soccer has been a positive experience.Sam is really excited because at the end of the season which is in August, she will get a trophy.Thats all I hear about when we go to a game, "mommy, do I get my trophy today".Another thing that she loves about soccer is her two good friends Dylan and Soriagh are on the team.
Things have been busy around here lately as always, but should slow down next week.I am actually excited about that.Sam had her last day of school today and next week no soccer due to the fourth of July.It will be nice to have a week or so without any commitments.
Now, for some good news.Yesterday, Dominic had his appointment with his cardiologist.I first have to say that David and I dread this appointment with a passion.I get really tense and feel like vomiting about the week before we go.I also get really emotional.Well, we went and Dominic was a champ as always.He had his EKG and Echocardiogram.Our Doctor came in and said that his pressure reading stayed roughly the same,he is at 54.That is good news because it didnt worsen.A 70 is when they would need to step in and take some action.He said Dominic is still in the grey area of what to do with him.He is really a wait and see case, which why having these apt are so hard on us because everytime we are like,"is this the one".The doctor also said that if they do have to do something the ballon procedure is what they would do and it is a very simple surgery.This shock us when he said the balloon procedure .The reason why is because at his last apt in January he said it was out of the question due to the fact they had discovered extra tissue growing in his heart and because of that it would be open heart surgery.Three words a parent never wants to hear.Again, I was devestated last appointment. When we called the doctor on that, he went back to look at the film and said he couldnt really see the tissue in these films.So that means, we cant rule out the balloon procedure.If the time comes to take action(which I pray will never have to happen) they will do a really close ultra sound to see about the tissue.I am going with the positive side.Hoping that all my prayers and prayers from my family will maybe make a miracle for my baby boy.So, Thank you to all who have kept Dominc in their prayers and please continue to do so.They are working!!!!!!

6 comments:

Scott said...

I almost started crying while reading this blog. Poor little Dominic. I really haven't gotten to talk to you guys about his heart condition so I had no idea that he might eventually get heart surgery. I will definitely keep him in my prayers. I am glad that your last appt. turned out good. Good luck to Sam with soccer. I used to play and loved it!

Scott said...

P.S. Dominic looks just like David with his head shaved like that. He has beautiful eyes!!

Kerrie said...

I'm so glad that the appointment went well. I have a friend here that is going through the same thing with her baby. I'll keep Dominic in my prayers. He is such a sweetheart! Sam looks so cute in her soccer outfit. I bet she will be a great athlete.

Donna said...

Dominic is always in my prayers. I am so glad also that things didn't get worse. He is such a sweetie and loves his momma's touch.
Sam looks like she is also enjoying the socialization part of soccer. Would you e mail me with the times of her next few games? Dave and I want to come. Love ya Momma Donna

Hollie said...

What a darling family you all are! Sam looks like she's a social butterfly with her arms around her friends. She is such a cutie. I'm glad to hear things were alright with Dominic at his appointment. You are very much loved by all of us and we think about you often.

Jennifer said...

I believe in miracles :) I'm glad that Dominic's appointment went well! We will continue to keep him in our prayers.
Your kids are adorable. I love the picture of Sam with her two buddies. It would be a riot to watch four year olds play soccer.