CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Finally, we are bloggers!









Hello Family and friends!We finally have a blog.Sorry it has taken me so long, but we are now here.There has been lots going on lately that I would like to share.Samantha just celebrated her 4th birthday last Saturday.I cant believe she is 4, they just grow up so quickly!We celebrated by having a party at our house.Her theme was Scooby Doo.We had a Scooby Doo bouncy house,played pin the horn on the unicorn, and a pinata.Samantha had a wonderful time with her friends.She had about 8 friends and about 18 adults over.It was a good crowd.David barbequed tri tip, and I made brocolli salad,fruit salad,cheesy potatoes,2 dips,veggie tray, and a scooby doo cake.The cake I made myself, I had always wanted to try and decorate one myself.I remember as a little girl my mom making me a strawberry shortcake one, so I wanted to give Sam the same kind of memory.I actually found it really easy and enjoyable making it!
The other big news going on is David was selected as Firefighter of the year!What an honor!It came as a total surprise to us.He has been on vacation the past 2 weeks and got the phone call a week and half ago that he won.Last night we went to a dinner in his honor and also the police officer of the year at the Elks Lodge.There were about 60 plus people there.They were all so nice to us.Fire chief Foster had David come up front as he made a really nice speech about him.Afterwards, they presented him 2 beautiful plaques.One from the county of Sacramento and the other from the Elks club.We will also be attending another dinner soon, I think it is from the Lyons club.We are so very proud of him!It also means alot to him because this award was won by how many of his fellow co-workers nominated him.So this was a great honor to be choosen by his peers.
As, I mentioned above David has been on vacation.He went back today, and I think there was a part of him happy to go back.The reason is because he has been working really hard on his shed in the backyard.This thing is like a house, it actually is up to house standads.It is half way done and it looks great!I will post pics when it is complete.Oh, we also went camping this week.My parents are up at Loon Lake, near Ice house, so we decided to join them.It was alot of fun.David and I both got to go out on my dads boat and fish.It was awesome!The kids had a blast!Samantha was excited to use her new Scooby Doo fishing pole she got for her birthday.
Well, that is all for now.I will try and post once a week.I hope all is well with you and your families.Cant wait to see you guys in August!

6 comments:

Donna said...

Hurray! Welcome to the Bloggers world. Even though we live nearby, I still don't get to see everyday happenings with you guys. So, glad to see the photos. Again, I am so proud of David being voted Firefighter of the Year. I've been bragging about him to everyone I talk to.:) Love yas

Kerrie said...

That cake is amazing Jill! Sounds like Sam had a fun b-day.

Congratulations to David for being voted Firefighter of the Year. He is such a hard worker, he deserves it.

Sam and Dominic are growing up too fast. They are such cute kids. We can't wait to see you guys soon.

Hollie said...

It's so great to see pics of you all. I'm glad you are blogging. It really great to see and hear what is happening in everyone's lives. Jill, that cake is incredible. You are an artist. Congratulations David. I'll be bragging about you to everyone here. Did you get that job you interviewed for while we were there last April?

JIll said...

Hollie,
David did really well on the test.He came in fourth place.The top 2 got promotions, so now he is number 2.He talked to the cheif the other day and he thinks he will be promoted by the end of the year.We will keep our fingers crossed!

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you guys have a blog page! It's fun to see what you all are up to. Love all the pictures. It sounds like Sam had a fun birthday party! My kids would've loved to come-- they love the scooby cake.
Congratulations to David!! I think that is such an honor. I've been bragging about it too.

Scott said...

Sam's hair looks really blond. Your kids are so cute and growing up so fast. Congrats to David on getting that award. That is a great accomplishment!! Jill, you'll have to teach me how to make a cake like that!! I would like to make one for Hannah's birthday but I guarantee it wouldn't turn out half as good as that.