CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Would you like to buy some Girl Scout cookies.....




Guess what time it is?It is cookie time!!Anyone like a Thin Mint?



Well this is Sam's first year in Girl Scouts as a Daisy.She LOVES it!Today they had their first site sale.They sold over 250 boxes in 3 hours!As you can see above, David and Dominic showed their support by stopping by and buying a few boxes.Sam also enjoyed dressing up as a Thin Mint cookie.She became quite the sales lady by the end of the day.She started saying "come on over, we got 8 flavors, they are really good".They had several people say "I already bought some but you guys are just so cute I will buy more".We also had several people just make a donation to our troop.One lady gave us $20.00!I was shocked.




Another fun thing we did this month, was surprising the kids with a trip to Disneyland in March.I rang the door bell and they opened the door to find a note with tickets from Mickey and Minnie inviting them to come to Disneyland.They were confused at first but once we told them all about it they were screaming excited.In fact, they took off upstairs and I was like "what are they doing".Well, they were up there packing!It was funny!So, now everyday since Sam has been informing us how many days until we leave.It should be a fun road trip.How many times do you think we will hear "are we there yet"?


Today was also a great day because after selling cookies Samantha and I went to visit my sister.She is doing GREAT!She looked really good.They doctors are amazed how fast she is recovering, she has age on her side!She has been working with a physical therapist everyday to learn how to get in and out of bed the right way.She also walked quite a bit with a walker.It will be long and sore road but she is just grateful to be here!Thanks again for all your love,prayers, and happy thoughts!I have such an AWESOME family!

Oh, also I would like thank everyone for my birthday wishes!You all made me smile on days I thought I couldn't.David and the kids also made it special with letting me sleep in and waking up to homemade cards(the best kind),a mocha,beds made,&kids dressed& fed!They bought me presents(even when I said please don't) and took me out to a delicious dinner at Macaroni Grill.Love you all!

6 comments:

Donna said...

So glad you posted. I was wondering how Joy was doing. I am sooo glad to hear she is recuperating and actually walking around!! So, your birthday turned ou well after all. Sam is adorable in her Thin Mint outfit. I would have bought one from her even though I am on a diet. I love the idea about the invitation from Mickey and Minnie to go to Disneyland. Glad you got a photo of it. Your home sounds like a lot of fun! You and David are great parents. Love ya

Kerrie said...

I have been dying for girl scout cookies. I saw some girls selling them in front of a grocery store but I didn't have cash or a checkbook with me. It's probably a good thing I didn't buy any though...I usually end up eating an entire box in two days all by myself.
How fun that you are going to disneyland! I can't wait to take my children there.
I'm so glad to hear that Joy is recovering well. Sleeping in is one of my favorite birthday gifts. Glad you had a good b-day.

Jennifer said...

Now I want to go find some girl scout cookies! Wow- I can't believe how many boxes they sold! I couldn't pass up a little cutie like Sam either. I remember selling in front of K-mart when I was little.

I'm glad to hear joy is doing well! That is great news!

Cute idea on Disneyland! I think we may end up going for one day. I'm going to finalize it this week (I guess I should, since it is next week that we will be going...)

And I forgot to comment on the last post, but we LOVE Dominic :)

Maran said...

How cute! I want to buy some Girl Scout cookies from Sam! I'm really glad that Joy is doing well and that you had a wonderful birthday!

Rich and Crys said...

Yay, you're back!!! :) I always check your blog... just in case the picture of Dom sawing his cast will be replaced by a new one. ;) Haha!

Ok... I just bought girl scout cookies. I got them two days ago, and both boxes of thin mints are GONE. Rich doesn't like thin mints, so that leaves... me. :) Oops!

So cute that Sam is such a little salesgirl! What a cutie-pie. I love her Thin Mint outfit...makes me hungry.

I am so excited for Dom to get old enough for us to take him to Disneyland! You guys are going to have so much fun.

Hollie said...

Sam is a cutie! How could anyone pass her and her cookies up? I'm excited (and jealous) about your trip to Disneyland! You guys deserve this fun break. I'm so glad to hear about Joy and her road to recovery. We love you guys and hope life is always treating you well.